Here are some of the excerts from a recent survey on online dating.
Two thirds of online daters have gone on a date through online dating sites, and one quarter have used them to find a marriage or long-term relationship. A recent survey says around 66% of online daters have gone with someone they met through an internet dating website or app, up from 43%. Male and female on-line daters are equally likely to have gone on a date with someone they met through a dating site or program.
Considerable amounts of on-line daters use paid dating sites, or use websites for those who have common interests or backgrounds. A significant minority of on-line daters have paid to use a web-based relationship website or app, and “niche” websites like Interracial Dating, Hippie Dating, Disabled Dating etc., for specific interests or backgrounds are popular with comparatively large numbers of online daters:
– 40% of online daters have used an internet dating website or app designed for people with shared
– At exactly the same time, merely 4% of online daters have attended a group trip or other physical event coordinated by a web-based dating website. There aren’t any differences between male and female online daters on these behaviours.
Negative experiences with online dating. Although significant amounts of online daters are meeting prospective dates and new partners, negative encounters can and do happen. We asked about two specific encounters and got that:
– 54% of online daters have believed that someone seriously misrepresented themselves in their profile.
– Someone has contacted 28% of online daters through an online dating website or program in a manner that made them feel uncomfortable or harassed.
Men and women are equally likely to say that they have struck others misrepresenting themselves in their profile, but girls are much more likely to have experienced uncomfortable or
bothersome contact via online dating sites or programs. Some 42% of female online daters have experienced this kind of contact at one point or another, compared with 17% of guys. One in five online daters have requested someone to help them with their profile. In addition to asking about the particularly adverse encounters discussed above, we additionally asked about two other possible experiences that individuals might have with online dating and got that:
– 38% of online daters come across the profile of someone or happen to be fit with they While using any of these websites already know,.
– 22% of online daters have asked someone to help them create or review their profile.
Reasons for using on-line dating sites
– 60% of active on-line daters say that “meeting those who share similar interests or hobbies is a major reason they use online dating.
– 52% say that “meeting those who share your beliefs or values” is a significant reason they use online dating.
– 46% say that “finding someone for a long term relationship or union” is a significant reason they use online dating.
– 33% say that “having a schedule which makes it difficult to meet with people that are fascinating in other ways” is an important reason they use online dating.
– 25% say that “meeting people who just want fun without being in a relationship that is serious ” is a significant reason they use online dating.